There are so many different ways to wear braids, and they are a great way to switch up your hairstyles. Whether you’re looking for a new way to wear your hair for everyday or want to try something different for a special occasion, these braided hairstyles are sure to inspire you.
African Braids Hairstyles
African Braids Hairstyles:
1. Senegalese Twist: The senegalese twist is a popular african braid that is achieved by twisting individual strands of hair around each other. This particular style can be worn with or without extensions and can be styled in a variety of ways.
2. Fulani Braids: Fulani braids are another popular option for african braided hairstyles. This style is achieved by cornrowing the hair in a specific pattern and then adding beads or other embellishments to the ends of the braids.
3. Box Braids: Box braids are a classic african braid that involves parting the hair into small square sections and then braiding each section individually. This style can be worn with or without extensions and can be styled in a variety of ways.
4. Ghana Braids: Ghana braids, also sometimes called banana braids, are a type of cornrow braid that starts at the forehead and goes all the way back to the nape of the neck. This style is often decorated with beads or other embellishments at the ends of the braids.
5. Kinky Twists: Kinky twists are another popular option for african braided hairstyles. This particular style involves twisting individual strands of kinky/curly hair around each other to create a rope-like effect.
Box Braids Hairstyles
Box braids are one of the most popular hairstyles for black women. There are many different ways to style box braids, from simple and chic to bold and edgy. Whether you’re looking for a new style for work or a night out, there’s a box braid hairstyle that’s perfect for you.
Here are some of our favorite box braid hairstyles:
1. The Topknot: This is a classic style that looks great on everyone. To get the look, simply gather your hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic. Then, take individual sections of hair and wrap them around the base of the ponytail to create a bun. Secure each section with a bobby pin and mist with hairspray to finish.
2. The Side Braid: This style is perfect for days when you want your hair out of your face. Start by French braiding your hair along one side of your head. Once you reach the back of your head, secure the braid with an elastic and let the rest of your hair hang loose.
3. The High Ponytail: This is a fun and flirty style that’s great for summertime weather or a night out on the town. Gather all of your hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic. Then, take individual sections of hair and wrap them around the base of the ponytail to create a bun. Secure each section with a
Long Braids Hairstyles
Long braids hairstyles are a great way to add length and volume to your hair. There are many different ways to style long braids, from simple and elegant updos to playful and fun styles. No matter what your personal style is, there is a long braid hairstyle that will suit you.
If you have long, thick hair, then French braids are a great option for you. This classic hairstyle is easy to achieve and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. For a more casual look, try wearing your French braids loose with some fly-aways framing your face.
If you want to add some extra interest to your long braids, try adding some colored ribbon or thread throughout the braid. This is a great way to add a pop of color without having to dye your entire head of hair. You can also experiment with different braid patterns, such as fishtail or waterfallbraids.
Whatever style you choose, make sure that you take care of your hair by using a good quality shampoo and conditioner. Regular trims will also help keep your hair healthy and prevent split ends. With proper care, your long braided hairstyle will last for weeks!